On the first day of the International Trade Fair for Mining, Energy and Metallurgy “Katowice 2019”, a conference was held titled “The process of “fair energy transition” in the EU vs. global trends”, which was organized by the Mining Chamber of Industry and Commerce, and co-organized by EXPO Katowice S.A..
The conference was opened by Secretary of State at the Ministry of Energy, Government Plenipotentiary for the Restructuring of Coal Mining Mr. Adam Gawęda.
The following speakers followed:
- Janusz Olszowski, President of the Mining Chamber of Industry and Commerce on developments in the global coal market,
- Mr. Brian Ricketts, Secretary General of the European Coal and Lignite Association EURACOAL on changes in EU climate and energy policy,
- Stanisław Prusek, Director of the Central Mining Institute on the role and prospects of clean coal technologies in the energy transition process.
Later in the conference, a panel discussion was held on the possibilities of using Polish coal to stabilize energy supply and develop modern technologies.
In the panel, the presidents of coal companies spoke:
- Piotr Bojarski – Vice President for Production of the Polish Mining Group S.A.
- Włodzimierz Hereźniak – President of the Management Board of JSW S.A.
- Artur Wasil – President of the Management Board of LW Bogdanka S.A.
- Tomasz Heryszek – President of the Management Board of Węglokoks S.A.